On July 26, the Senate passed a $513 million supplemental budget for Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23), which included $20 million for natural disaster relief for farmers and growers affected by extreme weather events in 2023.
In addition to the farm aid, the supplemental appropriations include:
- $180M for relief to fiscally strained hospitals
- $100M for a supplemental transfer to the Pension Liability Fund
- $75M to support school districts with extraordinary special education costs
- $60.3M for staffing needs at the Department of Transitional Assistance
- $40M for a reserve to support costs related to Tatum vs. Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- $26.2M for collective bargaining agreement costs
- $10.7M for public health hospitals
- $506k for interstate flood compact costs
- $200k for EEC contingency contract costs
The supplemental will now be reconciled with the House’s proposals before being sent to the Governor for her signature.