The legislature must create more affordable housing and forge solutions to end homelessness through a housing first approach that prioritizes prevention, rapid re-housing and housing stabilization.
Please take a moment to look at the housing bills I have filed and co-sponsored this session, which appear in the tabs below.
- S.67: An Act providing immediate childcare assistance to homeless families
- S.773: An Act supporting affordable housing with a local option for a fee to be applied to certain real estate transactions
- S.775: An Act relative to housing reform
- S.781: An Act promoting fair housing by preventing discrimination against affordable housing
- S.797: An Act relative to the Massachusetts Rental Voucher Program
- S.806: An Act creating the Home Works Program
- S.824: An Act promoting housing opportunity and mobility through eviction sealing (HOMES)
- S.913: An Act to ensure right to counsel in eviction proceedings
- H.1264: An Act to further provide a rental arrearage program
- H.1265: An Act to protect families experiencing homelessness from having to sleep in unsafe places
- S.1942: An Act establishing a study of energy efficient options for low income households
- H.3066: An Act to provide identification to homeless youth and families
- H.3894: An Act relative to protecting the public from damages caused by public utility companies