Food insecurity in our region rose dramatically during the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to Feeding America, there will be approximately a 47% increase in the number of western Massachusetts residents and a 63% increase in the number of western Massachusetts children who will be food insecure by the end of 2020.
Please take a moment to look at the food security bills I have filed and co-sponsored this session, which appear in the tabs below.
- S.48: An Act relative to an agricultural healthy incentives program
- H.145: An Act relative to an agricultural healthy incentives program
- S.267: An Act regarding breakfast after the bell
- S.678: An Act improving public health through a common application for core food, health and safety-net programs
- H.2784: An Act relative to the Massachusetts Food Policy Council